Tuesday, February 15, 2011

9 Years ago today

I was still waiting ever so impatiently to meet my baby girl. I was large and waddled when I walked, everything ached, my ankles (well what were once my ankles) hurt and were always swollen, as were my feet, and lets not get started on my back. Today was my due date or at least my second due date I had passed the first one days ago. I knew she was coming soon but it wasn't soon enough I was miserable, not to mention I was so over waiting to meet the little hellion who had moved in and had been partying it up inside my womb for the last 9 months. (And I mean partying the girl never stopped she was always moving, and if I was driving oh sweat baby jesus, she beat on me I had internal bruising for years, may even still have it)

So while impatiently waiting as many a soon to be mama will do (maybe) I went shopping with my mom and a dear friend. I remember feeling a little off all morning but can't put my finger on anything in particular. Then came the definitive moment we were at the dollar store, I had wandered off down one of the aisles, and this horrible hot blade of pain shot straight through my girlie bits and almost toppled me to the ground. Thankfully there was a sturdy rack to hold onto and I managed to stay upright. The pain passed after a moment and I was ok, a little shaken and felt this pressing need to use the rest room (real unusual for a 9  1/2  month pregnant woman right) I found my mom and friend but didn't say anything because I thought it was one quick pain and nothing else was happening so why get excited yet. We finished our shopping and left, as we headed home I mentioned the incident in the store and the both began to laugh hysterically at me and told me in unison "your in labor" I didn't know weather to believe them and if they were right weather to laugh, or cry. Was this really it, was it time?

Turns out it was but not for quite a few hours. I went home and didn't have anymore pains for maybe 2 or 3 hours from the first. Around 4 or 5pm my water broke, but I didn't know this until much later.( I thought I was using the restroom, a lot) I made dinner for the hubs because I needed something to do, but then couldn't eat it. I was becoming more and more miserable but I knew that it was going to be awhile, at this point I didn't think my water had broke, my contractions were 10 minutes apart at least so I figured I'd ride it out at home as long as possible. No sense going to the hospital just to go through being all inspected (which is no freaking picnic) and told oh you've got awhile go on home. So I took a bath, then an hour later another bath, I tried to sleep, that didn't work so I walked, I sat, I layed, finally I took a really long shower. By then it was 1a.m and the contractions were 5 minutes apart. I figured ok nows a pretty good time to say screw it and head on over to the hospital.

When we got there I was examined and it turned out my water had been broken for quite some time. An iv was started, I was admitted and the waiting game began. I was only dialated to a 1 at 2:30 a.m by 10:30 a.m nothing had changed. Doctors deceided  to start a Pitocin drip, let the good times roll. I was on that drug for 3 hours and it was 3 hours of hell. My contractions went from every 3 minutes to every other minute and they lasted a minute to a minute and a half each time. They hurt so bad I was crying, not screaming but tears streaming down my face from pain, and I couldn't stop them, I tried. Those 3 hours were in the end pointless, I never dialeted past a 1 and they did an emergency c-section.

I was honestly 100% fine with the surgery, I've never felt robbed of a natural birth.I know many women have their perfect birth plan and that fine,but not me I didn't care one way or the other how she was born, my only goal was the end result that she was born healthy, and that she was.

Baby Girl was born 9 years ago tomorrow at 2:13 p.m weighing a healthy 8lbs 4oz. and measuring 19 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment