Sunday, October 24, 2010

Prince Dominic

I was picking my son up from preschool the other day, when I got there the kids were still outside for recess so myself and several other parents were standing there watching the kids play, when another little girls mom comes up and says your Dominics mom right? Now we had been talking on the hayride at the field trip the previous week, so I knew she knew I was. Now I'm wondering great what did my kid do to your kid when just last week you were telling me how your daughter came home talking about making friends with my son. So I answer yes, quietly waiting for the bomb to drop. One can never know what to expect when it comes to my son, so you can imagine my surprise and delight when Allies mom says to me " Allie comes home talking about Dominic every day, she told me and her dad that she really likes him and he looks just like a Prince". How freaking adorable my almost four year old already has the ladies after him. Allies mom went on to tell me that Allie had never said anyone besides her dad looked like a prince before, that made it even more special. My boy is her first crush. I almost feel bad for this beautiful little girl that he's totally going to break her heart. As he's actually a little disturbed by this new found attention. But I can't help but be a proud mama that my lil man is attracting this kind of attention, at least for now while it's still cute and innocent. In a couple years when he actually is returning the attention I might feel a little bit differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment