Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm thankful for-Screw it here's a list

So I had this grand plan of blogging everyday this month about one thing I was thankful for. Didn't quite work out, because well I'm the queen of grand plans and the master of sucking at the follow through. I couldn't even post a Facebook status everyday. (Rolling eyes at myself, I'm so ridiculous sometimes). So anyway I figured I am an excellent list maker hell I'll make a master list of list's that's how much I love lists. I know a little anal. So without further ado.I'm thankful for

1. My beautiful, healthy children
2. My amazing husband who may be certifiable for putting up with me
3. My parents for choosing to procreate and keeping me around, and for being pretty rocking most of the time
4. Mom L. for never acting like a step
5.Poppy for helping me keep the pieces together when I thought I was about to shatter
6. My in-laws also for procreating and keeping the hubs around, and also for always being as good to me as the have, especially momma without whom there are days I would surely lose my bloody mind
7. My sisters who are 2 of the best friends I could ever ask for and just so happen to have the added bonus of being related by blood to
8. the rest of my huge crazy family of which there are just way to many to name but I love each and everyone of you for everything you've ever done and the part you play in my life. You've all made it so much better, or at least more colorful ;-P
9. My friends I may not have a ton of good friends but from those few really good friends I have I gain a ton.
10. My husbands job, because it keeps the bills paid, and decent insurance coverage
11. My home
12.  My annoying puppy who I adore but may drop kick if he chews on one more thing that's not a dog toy, considering the small fortune we've spent in dog toys
13. Mrs. Garza and Mrs. Prunty my sons preschool teacher and my daughters third grade teacher, we were truly blessed this year with two of the best teachers I've ever met. These women really love what they do and it shows, the difference they make everyday in my childrens education is amazing. They inspire me enough that I fully intend to get off my butt and go back to school for a teaching degree
14. Me time when I can actually pull of a few minutes of it
15. Having a car to be able to get around when ever I want
16. Monster energy drinks and coffee to get me through the really rough days
17. The internet and all it's greatness
18. Shoes because I friggin love shoes and I'm thankful that I'm able to have as many as I do and that my husband hasn't murdered me yet for this
19.my camera without which I wouldn't be able to terrorize and document every moment of my little moneys lives
20.Music because it's gotten me though so much, when I'm happy, when I'm sad,......... there's always a song for that
21. Good books
22. Family vacations because it's good to just get away and have time for just us, they won't always be little we need to remember to enjoy this time now while we have it.
23. Blank paper and pens because it reminds me there's always a new day, a fresh start I just have to fill it in
24.Being a stay at home mom for the last 8 years, because it gave me the chance to be there for every moment, I don't have any regrets, I don't have any feelings of I missed out. I've been right where I needed and wanted to be and am more thankful for that than many will ever know.
25. The past without it I would not be who I am today. Sure I've struggled, I've been beaten, broken, I've cried, I've lost, I've hurt, and at times I wanted to give up, but I've also loved, felt amazing amounts of joy, been put back together, found strength I never knew was there, laughed, had fun, and lived. Every single moment is a piece of me, a small piece of the jigsaw puzzle that makes Becky and I'm thankful for every one of those pieces simply because they made me.

For all these things and more I am thankful. I hope all of you and your have a very Happy thanksgiving, enjoy your meal but most of all enjoy each other, and let someone know your thankful for them not just today but everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment