Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Novembers list of thankfulness day 2

Yesterdays post about my beloved sisters will count as day one since I technically forgot I wanted to do this little experiment for the whole month and see if I could actually fill up 20 something days with the things I am thankful for. So obviously I am extremely thankful for my sisters who are also 2 of my bestest ( I know not a word, I so don't care grammar police) friends in the whole world.

Todays I'm thankful for is my to beautiful, wonderful, sometimes wild ass, crazy, little monkeys. I love, love, love my kids more than any words can ever truly express. My daughter who is 8 going on 18 (some days), is seriously the most abnormally we behaved child I've ever seen. I have no idea where it comes from, sure from time to time she has a sassy little mouth on her but besides that she really is just a great kid. She helps with her brother, she loves hanging out with us as a family, she likes to read, and she eats her veggies without complaint, usually. Her one down fall, she's a slob. Ask her to clean her room and you might as well be talking to a brick wall. The one true battle we have is always about cleaning, especially her room.

My son who will be 4 a couple days after Thanksgiving is the polar opposite of his sister. Everythings a battle with this child. To get him to do anything you want him to do reverse psychology must be employed or forget about it. He totally inherited his daddy's hard headed Italian side. But even when he's fighting with me I can't help but want to grab him up and give his cute lil cheeks big squishy kisses.  Big brown eyes, pouty lower lip and the cutest cheeks on earth I tell ya. He can melt ya in like a minute flat.

I'm thankful for both these little monkeys of mine for so many reasons. Calee because she came along at a time in my life when I needed a kick in the butt to make me realize it was time to settle down, put some roots down, and grow up. She made me a better person then and everyday since I found out she existed. Nicky because he has taught me so much about patience and how to control my temper when dealing with his, but mostly just that he is here. Because where Calee was a happy surprise for us Nicky was a conscious decision that took over 2 years of trying with lots of disappointments, one very serious and heartbreaking loss and a lot of tears and soul searching to get to. Because of those years I'm more understanding of what a miracle each of them really is and even more thankful for them than had I never experienced that loss. So ya I'm eternally thankful for my beautiful babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment