Monday, November 8, 2010

Momma ~The best Mother in law Eva~

I know a lot of women get stuck with the mother in law from hell, and for those women I have great sympathy. I however was blessed with an amazing mother in law for whom I am extremely thankful. This woman had been so incredible and helped me and my family get through so much it's mind boggling at times.

My relationship with her has been pretty good since the day Frank and I got together. She welcomed me into her home and family immediately. She always included me in everything from holidays to family pictures, and has always been nothing but supportive of both of us. When I found out I was pregnant with our daughter she was one of the first people we told and she couldn't have been happier. If there was something I needed she would run out and get it in a heartbeat. When it came time for our wedding, there was no arguments she understood it was our wedding and didn't try to tell us how things should be, but if we needed help with something she was one of the first people there helping.

About 6 years ago her and my father in law divorced and after a brief stint in Chicago she ended up moving in with us. I know most women would rather shave their heads than have their mother in law living with them. Not me. She has been a blessing since day 1. She has always helped with the cooking and cleaning, will happily babysit if asked and never ever puts her nose in mine and my husbands business. When my son was born he was one of those babies who never slept for more than an hour at a time, cried all the time always wanted to be held. Was pretty much a mama's boy with a super healthy set of lungs, my mother in law (bless her heart) would come and take him at least a couple hours a night on nights she didn't have to go to work the next day, just so I could get a little bit of sleep.

Now 4 years later and she's still the one I can always count on to help me out with the kids. She still helps regularly with the cooking and cleaning. And to this day has never once tried to tell me how to raise my kids, keep my house or take care of my husband. On top of all that if I have a problem she's always there for me, and if she can help fix it she will. I love my mother in law as much as I love my own mom and am thankful everyday that I was blessed with such an exceptional woman in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment