Thursday, November 4, 2010

Novembers list of thankfulness day 4

And today I'm thankful for my house which is totally a home. But not so thankful for my bloodsucking mortgage company.

We've lived in our house for 9 years and in those years we've made it our home a little more each day. From painting, to new carpet to adding a munchkin here and there. It's by no means a palace but it's a nice house, and we've made it better if I do say so myself. Which I do.

It's not really big enough for us, but it gets the job done and as long as we don't add anymore munchkins were not exactly cramped. The yard could be bigger, but at least we have a yard. It could use a new roof but at least the one we have doesn't leak, the a/c works in the summer, the heat works in the winter (well usually, every other year we end up having the heater guy come out to change a $30 part). All in all it has been a great starter home for our family and I'm thankful that we were able to buy it 9 years ago and hang onto it with the economy the way it's been.

When so many have lost their homes I can only be thankful we still have ours. We haven't had to deal with the heartache and displacement of our family. There were times we weren't so sure we would be able to make it and my heart goes out to those who have dealt with foreclosure and job losses.

Now as thankful as I am for my home, I am not at all thankful for my mortgage company who I am now 100% convinced is the devil. BofA has got to be one of the worst banks I've ever dealt with, and my advice to anyone looking for a mortgage stay away from them. I could give you a whole laundry list of reasons they suck major male appendages but this is my thankful list so maybe another day I'll devote a whole blog to the evils of this particular bank.

Until then I'm just thankful I have a house for my kids with a roof over their heads and heat to keep them warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment